The Assembly Tech I requires basic soldering and component rework skills for the assembly of all Mu-Del Electronics products. The primary function of the Assembly Tech I is to assemble assigned products.
The Assembly Tech I requires some knowledge in mechanical assembly, cable and wire harness assembly. The ability to read and understand basic assembly instructions and prints is required. Must be able to identify different types of components and technologies and have some surface-mount and thru-hole soldering experience. Must have a working knowledge of IPC-A-610, J-STD-001 and QMS standards.
The Assembly Tech I must work closely with Quality Control, Manufacturing, Materials, Engineering, and Test departments ensuring verbal and written communications are clear and understood.
The position functions in a manufacturing environment with long periods of sitting and the use of a microscope.
M-F as coordinated and approved with Department Manager and Human Resources. Overtime and weekends as needed.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assembling EMR’s products in accordance with Mu-Del Electronics' drawings and processes
- Ensures manufacturing quality standards are met and maintains logs reflecting daily work
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- This position requires sitting for long periods of time and the use of a microscope
- Must have good SMT soldering skills, for SMT components to size 0402
- Must be able to pass a soldering proficiency test prior to employment
Education / Experience Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous SMT experience in electronic assembly
- (CIS) J-STD-001 a plus, but not required
- Should have good command of the English language, both written and verbal